Thursday, February 18, 2010

Food: Jump

I didn't get a chance to participate in winterlicious this year so getting out and eating at a nice restaurant was a nice change.

We visited Jump: Cafe and Bar. This restaurant is apart of the Oliver and Bonacini and Canoe chain. The location was super convenient, you don't even have to step outside from the subway station.. it's all connected!

Jump had a really nice atmosphere. Everyone was in suits and I guess that's because it's right under business buildings.



The food was pretty decent, not the best I've had but very interesting and enjoyable! We all daringly ordered the drink of the day - Mango peach juice!
The drink could have been colder but other than that, pretty good. Don't know about it being worth 5 dollars though..... haha.


Mango Peach Juice

I ordered ..The Veggie Plate, which was honestly one of the busiest meals I've ever eaten. There were so many things on the plate to try! What I loved most was definitely the sweet corn goat cheese souffle. Weird, it didn't taste like egg at all - it was amazing! I love corn and I love cheese :)
The portion of rice was a bit too small for my liking. It felt like a spoon really but I guess considering the amount of other stuff on the plate.. it was alright. The veggies were really strong vinaigrette-like tasting but they worked pretty well with the plate, balanced out with the souffle, rice and mushroom cutlet.



The Veggie Plate: grilled vegetables, with sweet corn goat cheese soufflé
mushroom cutlet and jasmine rice



Fettuccini with Gulf Shrimp: filetto di pomodoro, garlic, tomato, basil and extra virgin olive oil


Grilled Top Sirloin Steak Sandwich: ciabatta bun, caramelized onions, roasted red peppers,
horseradish mayo, Swiss cheese and sweet potato fries


I might come back to check out their dinner menu just because their lunch menu didn't have many choices that were suiting for me - hence the veggie plate. :)

1 comment: