Monday, May 17, 2010

Cupcakes!

So since it's summer and I've still been procrastinating on my summer school work..I decided to bake today!

I decided I want to make cupcakes.. but I couldn't find any cupcake liners! Good thing I found some silicon cupcake trays lying around in the basement from last summer. These are environmentally friendly and easy to wash!

I like chocolate cake a lot more than vanilla cake.. so I decided on just plain chocolate cupcakes. The frosting I have is also vanilla frosting so I thought the contrast would work nicely :)


Ingredients

* 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 1 eggs
* 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup milk
Makes 12 medium sized cupcakes (~8 regular size cupcakes)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk; beat well. Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
3. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Frost with your favorite frosting when cool.

*recipe copied from: allrecipes - chocolate cupcakes

Obviously, using silicon cupcake trays, all I needed to do was grease them a little bit so that taking the cupcakes out would be easier. Also, instead of butter, I used margarine because that's all my house has. I baked mine for abour 22 minutes, not sure why it took so long but it was perfect! I poked each and every cupcake to make sure it was baked well enough! haha.








For the frosting, I used Betty Crocker's whipped frosting. For the light brown frosting, I mixed in a bit of chocolate condensed milk.

YUM :D

1 comment:

  1. your measuring cups are so cute and those cupcakes me make hungry! :(

    ReplyDelete